Sunday, February 24, 2013

Courtney and Comox

Last weekend we spent Family Day visiting family on Vancouver Island. 
I was super excited about the trip not only to see Hans and Dianne, but also because I was hoping to gorge on cheesecake at the Gatehouse Bistro and do some x-country skiing at Mount Washington.
Unfortunately, before we headed out I heard that the Gatehouse was closed until May, so no cheesecake for us.

Also, this happened.


Yup, after skiing about 600m at Mount Washington, Roger fell and strained his rotator cuff. 
Fortunately, it wasn't worse, but it means he probably won't be skiing for the rest of the season, although he can still play video games..... thank goodness of course!

I did manage to get some skiing at the mountain, while Roger patiently waited in the chalet eating cinnamon buns.

We were fed really well on the Island, with Dianne and Hans treating us to plenty of seafood.
We also went along to a photo shoot of the local MLA shucking oysters at the wharf.







And.... lucky for us, after the oyster shucking, we were allowed to eat the oysters!


They were soooo delicious, fresh out of the shell, seasoned with sea water.  
Am I ever glad that I discovered my taste for raw oysters a few years ago.









No comments: