Monday, April 29, 2013

Birthday X 2

This year, Roger and I started our birthday celebrations early with a visit from Mamma G.


She came bearing Swedish themed gifts and she was a good sport and let me "paint" her nails.





We made Kerstinkaka for the first time.


I learned a handy trick from Mamma G.  To keep your tulips straight and tall, put pennies in the water--We might be taking them out of circulation, but I guess those things are still good for something


On my birthday I celebrated with a long day at work and came home to this:
A handmade birthday card!


DQ ice cream cake (of course)


And spicy spaghetti--not a green thing in sight!  
Just the way I like it.


We celebrated Roger's birthday in Edmonton this year.
This is how he chose to spend his special day.
We started the day on a quest to find the Amorphophallus titanum
aka the "Corpse flower".
We did find it at the Muttart Conservatory, however it hadn't flowered yet (thankfully)


While at the Muttart, we checked out a couple other exhibits.





















I think the last time I was at the Muttart, I was 15!
Afterwards, we went for Sushi, and then went for dinner at the Cajun House.
We finished up the day with the Cowboy Junkies at the Arden.

No comments: