Saturday, April 10, 2010

April snow storm

Yesterday it snowed. It snowed and snowed and snowed and even today it's still snowing. The snow isn't the nice fluffy snowflakes that we've come to expect in Northern Alberta. Instead, it is wet snow that is being whipped wildly around by wind. The wind has been so strong and persistent that even the icicles have frozen crooked. The snow is so heavy that it took us 2 hours to clear our front driveway this morning. April in general is pretty unpredictable when it comes to weather, however what makes this storm so hard to take is that spring was here. It really was here. The last traces of snow had finally disappeared, kids were out on bikes, grass was starting to turn green and I had even started looking for my tulips and crocuses that I had planted last fall. Now those tulips and crocus bulbs are buried under 3 feet of snow. Oh well. I guess we needed this moisture.

By the way, how do you like our sad gnome? You can kind of see his buddy on his left which is grumpy gnome. I picked up this pair at the flower shop that's doing our wedding flowers. I couldn't resist. When I first brought them home Roger didn't like them so much. He said their expressions were too realistic and they made him sad/grumpy too. Since then, he's started to warm up to them more. Anyways, the sad gnome is expressing exactly how I'm feeling about the snow.






No comments: