Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring!

The sun's out today and it feels like spring.  In preparation for the new season we raked the lawn yesterday to help get rid of all the cigarette butts and dust left on the lawn after our basement renos.  There were so many cigarette butts left on our front lawn that Roger's convinced that we might end up growing a tobacco plant.  We've also started to see the first shoots from the bulbs that I planted last fall.  


Also, here's some photos of what I've started indoors and will be planted outside for when there's no risk of frost overnight...
 

Those leaves shown on the right are pumpkin leaves.  That's right, I'm attempting to grow pumpkins as well as sunflowers, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, carrots, spaghetti squash, zuchinni, lettuce, poppies, pansies, moon flower, morning glories, sweet peas, cosmos, forget me nots, dianthus, japanese lanterns, holly hocks, babies breath, bachelor buttons and.... the elusive Himalayan Blue Poppy.  So far, most things are growing except for the blue poppy.  I don't have much hope for that one, but at least I'm trying.  

Anyways, I'll be sure to post photos when (or if) flowers start turning up!

By the way, who thinks that this plant has a hope of surviving?






No comments: