Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

It's Chinese New Year which means lots of eating and....


Unfortunately, because I'm working AND married there will be no ang pao for me this year, and not only will I not receive ang pao, but I have to give ang pao to these two little munchkins!  Luckily, they're cute..



By the way, can you guess what this is?


How about now?


It's close to spring and people are having babies, so I'm getting cracking on making some gifts like this sweet little bird.


In other news, we're having a run of warm weather right now--it's +5'C out which I normally would be happy about except that it's wreaking havoc with the snow.  That's right... Old Man Winter is having trouble making up his mind, and in the meantime he's ruining the snow for skiing.  Just last Sunday it was so cold out that our thermostat gave up reading the temperature and instead displayed "LL"



I guess at a certain point you don't need to know specifics, just that it's cold out.  How about settling on 
-12'C for a couple of weeks Mr. Winter??

Roger made the Sunday a bit more bearable by  making this:


He's become very talented at making omelettes.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It showed that my daughter and son-in-law have all the free time in the world. Making gift for friend's babies, cooking delicious dishes, etc, etc. May be you should have your own baby (many babies) soon in order to kill your time. For sure Roger is an excellent cook. He should do all the cookings when he visits us in Calgary from now on. Roger, it is a deal, OK. Daddy.