Saturday, December 18, 2010

Perogies and Knäck

I recently visited Camrose/Edmonton where Mama G and I made Knäck--a kind of Swedish Christmas toffee.



Here's the ingredients:



Which you pour into a pot:


and bring to a boil for 30-60 minutes, depending on how hard you want your candy:

Then you add almonds:

and pour the liquid into tiny little miniature paper muffin cups.







they're pretty tasty.

Mama G also fed me Swedish cookies


and..... guess what's hidden under here?

That's right...Prinsesstårta!


Thanks Lars for saving us half a cake.

I also discovered some Tomter hiding around Mama G's house!

Mama G, I hope you're stocking up on porridge and boozy drinks!

Bridget, my new sister-in-law also invited me to join her in some perogy making.  We spent around 5 hours making over 200 perogies. and that was just assembly, it didn't include actually making the dough or filling.  Whew... perogies are hard work but very tasty.






These wonky looking perogies are mine.. 






















No comments: