Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Umbra penumbra...mumble mumble

Yikes!  I just had horrible flashbacks of Dr. Chou!  Some of you may know what I'm talking about.  Anyways, here's some really bad photos of the really cool lunar eclipse last night.  I started taking photos at around 11:30pm (white moon photos) and then Roger and I woke up at 1:10am (red moon photos) to check it out.  Even this morning you could see the moon was still slightly yellow.



 

 and now you can see the red creeping in:




and now you can see the red moon--and also... the evidence that I don't operate very well at 1am.  



Since we're on the topic of the moon, Roger and I forgot our headlamps on our cross ski tonight.  Luckily the moonlight was bright enough tonight that we didn't really need them.  Except for getting caught in the odd moon shadow, it was like the trail was lit with a street lamp.  

No comments: